YUM YUM YUM! My Creamy Chicken ala Wendy is something I came up with to go with my Black Bean and Avocado Fiesta Salad for dinner.
You can use any Peppers you like but We aren’t a family of crazy hot pepper lovers. Our kids won’t eat it if it’s too spicy but they like just a little kick.
I make this Gluten Free and Organic.
Creamy Chicken ala Wendy
- 3 lbs of Chicken Breast or , thawed
- 1 Cup Flour (I used my GF Flour Recipe)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 TBL Chicken Boullion
- 1 – 8oz Package of Cream Cheese, Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Green Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil, Halved
Mix Flour, Salt and Pepper in Medium Bowl. Coat chicken in flour and Pan Fry in 2 TBL Olive Oil until fully cooked. Set aside and cover to keep moist.
Saute Peppers and Onions in Butter and remaining Olive Oil until they are getting soft and browned a bit.
Mix Milk and Bouillion together and then Cover Peppers and Onions with it.
Heat to almost simmer and add in cubed Cream Cheese. Stir until melted into sauce. Add Sour Cream and mix until blended.
Add chicken to pan and heat on low until the sauce is thickened.